Oahu Real Estate and COVID-19
Here in Hawaii we continue to deal with the uncertainty that the COVID-19 pandemic brings to our islands. The real estate industry has prioritized the health and safety of our community and has adjusted business practices to meet local laws and guidelines.
As a Realtor, I commit to keeping my clients safe I have become a virtual real estate specialist and have gained innovative tools for serving clients, no matter where they may be located
Business Services-COVID-19 Updates (effective 12:00 a.m, September 24)
OPEN HOUSES & SHOWINGS : In-person open houses and showings are permitted but limited to no more than 5 people in the home at a time.
BUSINESS OFFICES OF REAL ESTATE: Offices are open although meetings are encouraged to be held virtually and in person meetings are limited to no more than 5 people in an office at a time.
As of 09/23/20: City and County of Honolulu Emergency Order 2020-27
Source: Governor’s Office
Pre-Travel Testing Option to Begin on Oct. 15, 2020
At an afternoon news briefing, Gov. David Ige announced plans for a Hawai‘i pre-travel testing program that gives travelers the option of possibly avoiding 14-day-long quarantine upon arrival to the state. This is viewed as one of the key measures for revitalizing Hawai‘i’s visitor-centric economy, while providing protection for the spread of COVID-19. Key components of the pre-travel testing program include:
- All travelers must either pre-test or go into 14-day quarantine upon arrival to the state
- All travelers are required to have temperature checked and complete a health & travel questionnaire
- As an alternative to quarantine a traveler must produce evidence of a negative COVID-19 test no earlier than 72-hours prior to their flight arrival in Hawai‘i
- The interisland quarantine for anyone arriving on any island other than O‘ahu continues through Sept. 30, unless terminated or extended by a separate emergency proclamation
- FDA-approved NAAT tests, processed by a CLIA-certified laboratory are the only types of coronavirus tests currently approved
- Currently approved trusted testing partners are CVS and Kaiser Permanente
The State has produced an extensive list of questions and answers associated with the Safe Travels Pre-Testing Program. See the FAQs at: hawaiicovid19.com